Minneapolis Roleplayers Meetup FAQ
So... How do I get started with this group?
The short answer: RSVP for some of our events
and come out and meet people! Come to any monthly meetup, welcome new members event, or demonstration game.
I've got a game already or am planning to start one. How can I recruit people for it?
There are a number of way to use the Minneapolis Roleplayers Meetup Group to find players for you game. You can do any or all of the following:
- Post it on our message board.
- Come to a meeting and talk up your group! This will give you the chance to meet people in person and scope them out.
- Add yourself to the Active Games list for your area, provide some kind of contact information (like a link to your Meetup profile or an e-mail) and say that you are recruiting.
- Or you can ask the Organizers to help you plan an official event.
Why should I schedule an official event?
There are several advantages to scheduling an official event:
- More visibility. Everyone in the group will see the event simply by checking on the calendar. Also, if your event happens to be the next one scheduled, it will show up as our "Next Meetup" when people visit our sites Welcome page. Meetup will even automatically send emails to members to remind them about new and upcoming events.
- RSVPs. When people RSVP, you can plan for them and know who's coming. In the event that you have to cancel or change the details of your event on short notice, you can contact all the people who have RSVPed to let them know about the changes.
For more information about scheduling an official event
follow the link.
That sounds great! What should I plan to do at the Event?
Use the event as a way to:
- meet prospective players
- make up characters
- provide a campaign overview
If you want people to bring sourcebooks to the event, mention that in the event write-up.
Okay. I've planned my event. Only one problem... It's in a public place. How do I make certain people find me?
Use the posters or table tents that can be printed from our "Promote!
" section to mark your location at the venue. This will help people find you.
I'm geeky. What can I do on the Meetup site?
Great question! I'm so glad that I asked it.
You can use our:
- Polls. Give us feedback on the types of games you want to play, and where you want to play them!
- Message Board. Find out what other players are doing! Chit chat! Learn who is recruiting for games.
- Files. See what we put in there for you.
- Pages. Read what we have up, or even add to them. The games pages and links pages can be edited by anyone. If you have any questions, just post a question about it in on the message board.
- Email the Organizer! Share your great ideas and concerns.
What if I just want to lurk, all creepy-like, and never meet anyone?
Your option. But you are seriously missing out. It's hard to connect with other gamers and members if you don't follow some of the above listed suggestions on integrating with gamers in the metropolitan area.